- This event has passed.
Espressivo – Teddington Summer Music
June 2 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm£14 – £16
Sunday 2nd June at 7.30pm
Rondo for Dancing by Grace Williams
Adagio for Clarinet and Strings BAERMANN
String Quartet No. 12 in F, Op 96 DVOŘÁK
Clarinet Quintet in A, K 581 MOZART
MADELEINE MITCHELL violin GORDON MACKAY violin
KATE MUSKER viola JOSEPH SPOONER cello
TONY LAMB clarinet
Teddington Summer Music’s first concert features two of the most richly expressive and best-loved works in the chamber music repertoire. DVOŘÁK’s American String Quartet was written during an extended stay in the United States, shortly after the completion of his New World Symphony. It abounds in melody and good humour, reflecting the composer’s personal happiness at that time.
After more than 200 years, MOZART’s Clarinet Quintet remains one of the greatest works for this combination of instruments, and the endlessly inventive musical ideas and changing moods offer a life-affirming experience. The programme begins with BAERMANN’s gloriously serene Adagio for clarinet and strings.
Tickets: £16 and £14 (for concessions) from 0333 1212 300 or online below (group discounts apply – please call 0333 1212 300 for further details)
Normansfield Theatre Lighting Appeal
Normansfield Theatre has just launched a Lighting Appeal to upgrade all of our stage and front of stage lighting. We are hoping to raise £19,000 to enable us to move to more economical and environmentally friendly LED fittings. If you would like to contribute to the appeal, there are several ways to donate:-
- please make a donation below when ordering tickets online or
- go online to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/Normansfield or
- contact us on 0333 1212 300 and donate by credit/debit card
- send in a cheque to Down’s Syndrome Association, Langdon Down Centre, 2a Langdon Park, Teddington TW11 9PS (write theatre appeal on the back) or
- make a bacs payment to sort code 160032 Account No 10025447. Account Name: Down’s Syndrome Association. Reference: Theatre Appeal
Please remember to gift aid any donations. Gift Aid forms can be downloaded from the DSA website www.downs-syndrome.org.uk. Click here for the DSA Gift Aid Form DSA GIFT AID V4 1