March 17, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm£16 – £20
Sunday, 17 March 2019 at 7.30pm
Tickets: £20 and £16 concessions from 0333 1212 300 or online below
Villa InCanto is delighted to bring their version of Rigoletto to Normansfield Theatre. Rigoletto is one of th e most important, and enduringly popular operas written by Verdi and considered to be a masterpiece, written in only 40 days.
Rigoletto’s tragic story revolves around the licentious Duke of Mantua, his hunch-backed court’s fool Rigoletto, and Rigoletto’s beautiful daughter Gilda. The opera’s original title, La maledizione (The Curse), refers to a curse placed on both the Duke and Rigoletto by a courtier whose daughter the Duke has seduced with Rigoletto’s encouragement. The curse comes to fruition when Gilda falls in love with the Duke and sacrifices her life to save him from assassins hired by her father.
A review by Ian Nethersell of Villa InCanto’s last production enthused about the performers and the production “the paring down, without compromise to quality and congruence drew me into the piece and I left feeling as though I had been part of it, experienced it and not just watched it”.
Normansfield Theatre Lighting Appeal
Normansfield Theatre has just launched a Lighting Appeal to upgrade all of our stage and front of stage lighting. We are hoping to raise £19,000 to enable us to move to more economical and environmentally friendly LED fittings. If you would like to contribute to the appeal, there are several ways to donate:-
- please make a donation below when ordering tickets online or
- go online to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/Normansfield or
- contact us on 0333 1212 300 and donate by credit/debit card
- send in a cheque to Down’s Syndrome Association, Langdon Down Centre, 2a Langdon Park, Teddington TW11 9PS (write theatre appeal on the back) or
- make a bacs payment to sort code 160032 Account No 10025447. Account Name: Down’s Syndrome Association. Reference: Theatre Appeal
Please remember to gift aid any donations. Gift Aid forms can be downloaded from the DSA website www.downs-syndrome.org.uk. Click here for the DSA Gift Aid Form DSA GIFT AID V4 1
Thank you for your donation.