NEWS UPDATE (5/12/17)
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Lighting Appeal. So far we have raised just over £1500 towards the apeal. We now need to raise another £3500 to be able to complete Phase 1.
Normansfield Theatre Lighting Appeal
In November 2017 we launched a lighting appeal as we would like to raise £19,000 towards the cost of replacing all of our stage and front of stage lighting. We have so far replaced all of our house lights to LED bulbs and have installed LED lighting on our balcony. We are now hoping to raise the funds to replace a) the front of stage 3 fittings b) the three footlights and finally c) the 5 stage bars. We would to complete phase 1 as soon as possible. We need to change over for a number of reasons.
* difficulty in soucing bulbs for the fixtures we have
* the cost of electricity to continue running these large 500 or 1000 watt bulbs is expensive
* the cost of replacing the lights – they have a limited lifespan and many (eg the front of stage require internal scaffolding towers) are costly to replace. Currently only 2 of the 3 front of stage lights are working.
* the new fixtures and bulbs will be more environmentally friendly, generating less heat and requiring a lower wattage with a longer hours lifespan
* the quality of the lighting will greatly improve
How to Donate
There are a number of ways that you can donate:-
1. online at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/Normansfield
2. by cheque made payable to Down’s Syndrome Association – please write Theatre Appeal on the back of the cheque and it to the Down’s Syndrome Association, Langdon Down Centre, 2a Langdon Park, Teddington TW11 9PS
3. by bacs payment to sort code: 160032 Account No 10025447. Account Name: Down’s Syndrome Association. Please quote reference: Theatre Appeal.
4. Call our office on 0333 1212 300 (Monday to Friday 9am tp 5pm) and donate over the phone by debit/credit card
5. Donate by clicking the ticket purchase here.
6. When purchasing online tickets on this website, there is the facility on every ticket purchasing to donate.
If you are a UK taxpayer and complete a gift aid form, your donation will be increased by 25%. Please remember to tick the gift aid box if donating on line.
Gift Aid forms can be downloaded here. Gift Aid form
Lighting Appeal Flyer